Monday, February 01, 2010

A Letter

Dear Writer's Block,

We need to talk. Breaking up is hard to do, and it's always messy--but I can't keep living this lie. I still care about you, but I just don't feel the same way you do--I love you, but I'm not in love with you. Honestly, you're like a sister to me. I'm not ready for this kind of commitment--you want more than I'm prepared to give. We're both so young, I just can't think about forever. I think we would be better off friends.

It's not you it's me. It's how I don't seem to fit you anymore. I think I have potential to expand and try new avenues of creativity, but I feel stifled with you. We should see other people. I need more--I need to write. There are stories and poems and random thoughts that must be articulated. I can never belong to just one--especially one so possessive. I just can't do this anymore.

Please understand and don't feel bad. You have everything to live for--you're young and intelligent, but I have so much baggage.

To clarify any ambiguity in my message: I regret to inform you that, under a plan for the periodic removal of unpleasantness from my life, I must terminate our affair. You have no choice but to comply with the court orders unless you wish to face stalking charges. Should you persist, I will enter the witness protection program.

Love Always,

Writer.

1 comments:

Socrates said...

Sometimes you just have to let go and move on---your writers block co-dependency has simply run its course and no longer serves you.

Obviously, it's time to press forward with the insightful and brilliant writing you are capable of...